IVPower analyzes the power system events automatically in order to help RTOs, ISOs and Utilities to understand what happened and take appropriate decisions in critical situations.
Two main processes can be distinguished.
Near real time
In « near real time », i.e. within a few minutes after the event, essential information about the faults is provided by IVPower to the operators of the regional control center to help them re-energize the lines as soon as possible.
..and post mortem disturbance analysis
At a later time, the experts use the results of the post mortem disturbance analysis performed by IVPower to investigate the power system behavior and possibly find out incorrect operation of protection relays, circuit breakers...
This web-based S/W solution contains specific modules for : optimizing the maintenance, preparing fault statistics and assessing power quality.
A variety of data are collected from the field : disturbance records, event logs, synchrophasors, power measurements, voltage dips and swells... This data is automatically converted into useful information by innovative and easy-to-use applications for :
- Quick assistance to control center for fault location and for decision taking after unsuccessful autoreclosing, especially if several lines have been lost.
- Comprehensive support of post mortem fault analysis by automatic data collection, analysis of sequence of events, pinpointing abnormal patterns.
- Contribution to conditional maintenance by
- providing operational statistics after each circuit breaker opening or closing
- checking correct protection operation, eventually allowing to postpone planned protection testing
- Smart solution for power quality monitoring, included in the same system
- Possibility to view PMU data and perform wide-area analysis of frequency and power flow.
IVPower provides :
- real-time situational awareness, with clear and concise indications to the Control Centre operators in case of disturbance events
- outage time reduction, through precise & graphical indication of the fault location for the most of the configurations and types of the electrical grid
- real-time asset assessment, through a set of customizable relay and circuit breaker rules, of the asset performance during the event. This is the basis for…
- conditional maintenance aid, with possibility to export statistics, by asset, by time, of the asset performances
The end result is increased grid reliability with well-maintained assets and resilience through well-targeted response to an event occurrence.